Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The adventure with beads and sweating that follows...

I used needle threader ( NT) all these days to bead a thread....and recently all my needle threader broke. I went to an extent to use the broken NT , very strenuous, I wonder how do people put beads to crochet thread...

In effort to have proper needle threader I also brought a kit which has thin needle for beading. However I kept it aside thinking it is only for thin threads and not for my crochet thread.

And one fine day when I'd to thread several beads for an already promised project, I had no way but to sit and bead the thread. I was having tuff time, I took several breaks, and was not so happy as the project was getting delayed...and then this plan dawned to me...

So I have this beading kit with thin needles that can take several beads...and hence quicker beading...the problem was the eye of needle is too small for crochet thread. I thought if I can tie the sewing thread somehow to crochet thread and slip over the beads from the needle it would be way quicker and easier.

These tools are of no use till date, the needle and the needle threader which is broken :)
I was feeling for the beautiful needle, so pretty and long to take up several bead at a time.

And sad for ruining all the NT that I brought...





Step1- Tie the crochet thread and sewing thread so that through the knot you can slip the beads.



Step 2- Start beading the thread



Step 3- Slip the beads through the knot


The quick beading set up...




No comments:

Post a Comment